"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."


source
this quote ties right in with the quote i posted on facebook earlier today.

if we let ourselves, we shall always be waiting for some distraction or other to end before we can really get down to our work... favorable conditions never come.  
CS Lewis 
 
look at that poor, sad little thing with the black eye. 
even when holding on is kicking your ass, it's still hard to let go.
the thing you're holding is wounding you, has wounded you for years, and still there's a great fear.  you don't know how to live without it.  you're unsure of how to go about unfurling your fingers, and you're wary of hope.  but you've decided you're not gonna lay down here and die, and you decide that maybe hope deserves a chance... that there is better, and you can have it, if you just let go of this.

Comments

  1. let it go, Jo. You're too awesome to have a black eye. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Its time to take out the shovel and bury it. (whatever that may be, but I think I know) Love you beautiful friend!...oh, and I have a shovel if you need help. :) Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminds me of colossians 1:29 (?)
    "Christ in YOU the hope of glory!"
    if we let go of all that He never intended
    for us, our hands will be free to do what
    He DID intend.

    your refreshing, honest approach to His
    leading is always a breath of fresh air . . .
    thank you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment