You like pie? I like pie.
I made this velvety dream of a pie last Memorial Day weekend.
They call it Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie. I call it Who's-yer-Daddy Pie.
It tastes like a pie made of creme bruleé. Really, do you need any more enticement than that?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) store-bought piecrust
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For filling: In a medium bowl, combine heavy cream, flour, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Fit crust into a 9-inch pie pan and dot bottom with butter. Pour filling into crust. Combine cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and sprinkle on top. Bake pie until set and center is firm to touch, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.