Hello Beautiful People!

Ya made it!  Welcome and all that!
Come on in! Set down and rest ya face a while. 

Hey, y'all remember when the Summer was new and fresh and we were all Praise your arrival sweet Summer!   Remember that?  I'm ready for school to start up again.  But aren't you?

And that's sayin' something because I homeschool.  It's not like I get wide open spaces at the start of the school year.  What I'm yearning for though is the return of routine.  All this free play time leads to many a brawl and quarrel among the youngsters and it is wearing me OUT!

Plus, the things that I do love about summer will still be available to us even after she's gone.  So come on Fall, you beautiful beast!  Make haste!

Speaking of Fall, guess what I made this week that was so delicious!  Soup! I have had a deep love relationship with potato soup for quite some time and I wasn't sure that it would be worth it's salt without cream and real butter and loads of cheese and bacon bits.  I was most pleasantly surprised when this hit me in the kisser!  This soup took it to the hoop! I don't have a recipe link (but wouldn't that be useful right now)?  Instead I'll leave you with this:

THE RUNDOWN OF INGREDIENTS
3T or so soy margarine
chopped onion
chopped celery
3 cloves garlic, sliced
cubed red potatoes, skin on
vegetable broth
Mrs. Dash herbs & spices
sea salt
black pepper
handful of spinach thrown in at the end
When potatoes are tender, puree half in the blender, then add back to pot and voila! Creamy soup!

...and a most happy day to you all! xo, Jodie

Comments