the sunday six: edition: hello darkness my old friend


i came across a photo on (where else?) pinterest, (which, after some research, i've concluded sounds like pinch-wrist). thanks to all who helped with that research.
i once was lost, but now i'm found.
and there is rejoicing (because i do not like not knowing how to say a word.  especially a word i find myself trying to say on the regular.  feeling dumb is no friend of mine.)
so again, i thank ye.

here's the photo:
dark sofa, dark walls, wood floors...
it's got me really loving The Dark Things.  
//source
//1
dark rugs
those are some nice threads, yo.
when was the last time you were excited by a rug?  
(me?  i get excited about rugs fairly often. it doesn't even concern me anymore.)
these rugs sort of take my breath away.
//ten thousand leagues rug
//all awash rug
now if only i had me a loom...
and some Good Looming Skills to go ay-long wiss it,
WHY, i'd be the rumpelstiltskin of rugs! 
no gold for me.
rugs!!

//2
dark floor pillows
i like these in theory.  not sure my back would like them in real life; 
aesthetically though? quite beautiful. 
//round pintuck floor pillow
//3
good lighting
every dark room needs lighting.  
pretty, pretty lighting.

imagine this filled with beautiful gray taper candles, or any color really.
it would be gorgeous!
//springing sprigs candelabra
//4
fancy art rerk
//all art from art.com
aren't streams glorious?  
i want one. 
i could has?

i find these next ones really show off how mature you are.
which is, VERY!
obviously.
(no seriously, those are going in my bathroom.)
//source unknown
and also bunny prints.  one can never have too many bunnies.
 //5
 comfort in the dark
the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, 
but I have promises to keep, 
and miles to go before I sleep, 
and miles to go before I sleep.
//excerpted from stopping by woods on a snowy day by robert frost 

i find that strangely comforting.

//6
a cardboard unicorn head
it's more the antithesis of darkness, being a creature of light and all... a symbol of purity and grace.
plus, they're biblical.
check it out:
"And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with their bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."
isaiah 34:7
doesn't that sound glorious?!

on a more practical note, at thirty-four dollars, it's totally affordable.
sure, it's an expensive cut-up box, but it's a cheap magical creature with healing in it's horn.
perspective is everything.
//source

well that's all the time we have for today.
go forth and enjoy yourthelveth thith fine thunday!

Comments

  1. So THAT's how you say 'Pintrest!' Light dawneth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you FIND this stuff? do you search for these specific things....I mean, how do you stumble upon a cardboard unicorn head?

    very pintresting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Dear One. I have a favor to ask of you. Do your pinch wrist thing and find me innumerable beauties in the world of pinch wrist and pin them on your boards so that I may easily find the wonderful things this world has to offer. I just wanna copy off of you and not do the work myself. Thank you. Oh, and the more "crafty" stuff you can find, the better. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holly: believe it or not, i stumbled upon that gemstone by chance. i was just browsing around urbanoutfitters and found that! you can imagine my delight! :)

    dana: girl, done. :) here are my pinboards:

    http://pinterest.com/jodie_velour/

    you are now free to move about the cabin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it very disturbing that there is some sort of cat wearing my old school uniform. Creepy.

    And, for the record, Pinterest is like crack to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mama belle: i'm totally cracked out on it too. sweet biscuits, it's hard to stop pinning. i keep wondering, what if there's a limit? like, what if i reach my quota! and then i start to sweat a little. i hope that's not the case. i might outta wanna look into that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

there's alive. and there's Alive. i know which one i am.

the door of my lips

my revival