The Sunday Six : eleven - the one that was scheduled to post but then didn't.

Today is 10/10/10. What does that mean? Is it significant? 
Should I make a wish?


one
October 9th.  It was yesterday.  It changed me forever.  I am now 31 years old.  Thirty-one feels so much older than thirty, but that's okay, because nothing could make me dislike October 9th.  It was also The Shiz's birthday!!  Happy Happy little Birdie!!  I love you more than ladies love the beard.  You are the best twin on the planet.  Final answer.

two
I know I've talked about it before, but I'm saying it again because I really do love Swagbucks.

I like developing my swagger.  So far, I've developed $30 in Amazon Gift Cards, resulting in two FREE books [shipping included]. That's the kind of swagger I'm playing with.  Word.

[Books of the parenting variety 
is what I purchased, 
if you must know.  

I'm hoping these pages will increase my chances
of passing more of my daily Pop Quizzes
with the children.]

[They'd better... 
else I'm really gon' need to get my swagger back.]

I don't even know what that means.

three
My birthday.  Did I mention that yet?  Allow me the narcissism, okay?  It's my birthday.  Sheesh.

four
Catalog Living.  Have you seen it?  It's hilarious.  It reminds me of The Far Side, and I'm a fan of anything that reminds me of The Far Side.

I'm even a fan of The actual Far Side, if you can believe that.

five
This quote:
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."  
-The Legendary Mr. Willy Wonka
 
Maybe I take it a bit too far, the nonsense.  I'm not really sure.  I can't seem to help myself.  I am just such a fan of it.  The nonsense.

six
I have a thing for all words, but I have a special fondness for obsolete ones.  I'm thinking of doing a string of A to Z posts to incorporate them, and also to give me at least 26 things to write about.  As riveting and fascinating for you as this whole Sunday Six thing surely is, there must be more.  I've been meaning to start the A to Z for about a fortnight now but I'm stuck on A.  Not a strong start, says I, but I'll get there.  Waiting on The Muse.  She's late.  Blame her.

Also, there's been some confabulation about some of you wanting to start your own Sunday Six, and to that I say, WORD (which means, YES, DO!).  Only let me know when you start so I can start doing the Linky Tool thing again because the last time I did that (and the time before that), no one showed.  Lame party, dudes.
Lame.
Party.
Don't want to do that again.  It is not good for my swagger.  Can't be havin'it.  Can't. Won't. Shorn't.

Happy Day After My Birthday, y'all!
xo Jodie

Comments

  1. I have been following your blog for a little while now...I have to say, I love all the "nonsense", keep it up. Don't stop. Ever. You have a gift and I can truly appreciate your humor!! I myself am a lover of words...or a freak, whatever you want to call it. I just wrote a blog about a new word I found...pulchritudinous...that's right...pulchritudinous!! Awesome aint it! (It means beautiful.) Thanks for blogging! If you want to visit...here is mine...http://www.findingthesonlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang. i missed your birthday, and we
    are exactly the same age! :)

    well, happy birthday! here's your
    present:

    acrimonious (think of james' aunts)
    asymptote (for your new curves)
    atheroma (don't eat this!)
    apiary (good one for a photo)
    apetalous (sort of scandalous)

    you're a twin? so cool.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang. i missed your birthday, and we
    are exactly the same age! :)

    well, happy birthday! here's your
    present:

    acrimonious (think of james' aunts)
    asymptote (for your new curves)
    atheroma (don't eat this!)
    apiary (good one for a photo)
    apetalous (sort of scandalous)

    you're a twin? so cool.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I aint never laugh so hard yo.
    1- I love you more than I think any other person I know. God was so nice to make sure I had you from the first cell division, cause I think I've needed you ever since. You the best one.
    3- get up off me. it's my birthday year
    5-I think of that line often! and I'm so glad you can't stop yaself. I'd look a fool doin this all alone
    6-Lame party, dudes.
    Lame.
    Party.
    you my favoritest

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6-some suggestions:
    barathrum, delonda, farrago, growlery, lucubration, masacron(You should talk, all you do is mumble. No good, can't hear you), miasma, nepenthe, peccavi, selcouth, ultracrepidate, vilipend, widdershins, xenium

    look here for definitions as more:
    http://phrontistery.info/favourite.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um ... I'm still stuck on the fact that you're 31 and that's seems so much older to you. Puh=lease. Boo you, little young thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy: Hi!! Thanks for reading! I stumbled on that word a few years ago, completely by accident. I loved it from the start too! I wrote a post about it on my old blog (http://darkbetweenthestars.blogspot.com/2008/05/maybe-i-can-work-my-way-back-to-that.html)

    Lea: Have so much fun visiting your daughter!! Also, thanks for the word offerings. :)

    Bird: You have introduceded me to a new favorite website. Mercy come mercy, that place is grrrreeeaaaat! :) Love you - to the moon.

    M.B.: I'm not saying that 31 IS old, I only mean that I FEEL older than I did last year. :) That I'm officially IN MY 30s now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

there's alive. and there's Alive. i know which one i am.

the door of my lips

my revival