The Sunday Six: 13

Edition: Things Worth Celebrating



one
Christmastime
It's coming and I love so much about it.  The lights, the ornaments, decorating the house, gift giving, family togetherness, gingerbread cookies, nippy air, the stockings, reindeer, the excitement, remembering God's goodness toward me... it's all good, good stuff.  Are you ready for it yet?  I am!

A Bumble!
Peppermint Mocha!
Believe the Love!
Come live at my house! On a white tree!  (Bring the tree!)
Every year I have to resist the urge to buy all new ornaments.

Resisting.

Resisting.

I'm so ready, if I could put up my tree this weekend without being laughed at by all my peers and relations, I would totally do it.   Don't put it past me.

two
unbirthdays
Did you know that each of us (luck of luck!) have 364 unbirthdays every year? Three sixty-four! It's true!  If today is not your birthday, then it is your UNbirthday! A very merry unbirthday to you!   So get to celebratin'!  Build yourself a cake or something.



three
God's Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.  Very, very thankful for that lately.  I really need it and I'm so glad he gives it.

four
running
It's free.  It's freeing.  love/love

five
sobriety
Every year around Thanksgiving I am particularly thankful for this one thing.  Twelve years ago, I ate Thanksgiving Dinner in jail.  Let it be known it was no celebration.  Actually and factually, there was no celebration to be found anywhere in the clink.  Excepting of course, the day of my release.  Sobriety is a gift I never could've given myself. See #3.

six
middle's birth
Our sweet, tenderhearted baby girl is six this week. 


xo, Jodie

Comments

  1. Very thankful and excited for all of these, too... well, maybe not the running part. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

there's alive. and there's Alive. i know which one i am.

the door of my lips

my revival